(1) Andrea and the Celestial Kitties made a comment that got us thinking: Waffles looks a LOT like that handsome orange fella Wally from the Island Cats. AND both their names begin with a 'W'... coincidence?
(2) Dorothy Abernathy suspects Waffles may be an undercover operative... I think she's on to something! Maybe Waffles is an agent of the Silvervine Collation, trying to undermine the nip industry! Actually I could get behind that movement... Waffles if you are part of the Silvervine Collation, let me join your cause!!
(3) Miss Penelope raised the theory that Waffles could be a figment of our imagination. I have to admit that I wondered this myself. We all know Glogirly is highly skilled at photoshop - could this be a clever illusion (like those photos where you can see more than one thing... those freak me out)
(4) Da Tabbies o Trout Towne think that "waffles be de huzband oh katie; they meeted at a salmon swap bak in september N it wuz lovez at furst site.....at de salmon that iz...then it wuz loves at second site when they sawed each other.....let uz noe what we can due ta help find him....we still haz de code ta de spiez plane from R visit a few bak !!!" This is an intriguing idea, but I do not want to believe that BOOTIFUL Miss Kaite has a husband *sniffle*
(5) Elyse K suggested we stake out Catbucks, the last known whereabouts of Waffles. An EXCELLENT plan - I suggest that we take shifts till this mystery is solved!
To all of you that have volunteered to help - I give my hearty thanks, and say that we start acting on some of these tips!
Please don't forget to vote for Miss Katie - today is the last day and she deserves to win! http://enter.thefriskies.com/katie-is-accused/