Friday, August 16, 2013

To the MaxMaxx!!

Our pals at Noir's nook have been missing a critical member of their family - Uncle MaxMaxx hasn't been well, and he's been having to go to the dreaded vet...

The wonderful Miss Marg has put together an auction to help with the vet costs. We decided this time around we'd donate a different birdie - usually we go with a Kiwi, but this time we're going with this AWESOME Pukeko!


Pukeko by d'Artangan Rumblepurr
Yeah that's right. I'm AWESOME.

He's a bit weird looking...

Untitled by d'Artangan Rumblepurr
I'm not weird lookin'. YOU'RE weird lookin'! 

He has a bit of an attitude...


Pukeko bum of disrespect by d'Artangan Rumblepurr
Bum of disrespect

And he was pecking at the carpet...

Let me know if you find some tuna, 'k?

But we can't get enough of his peep peep peeping noise! He is utterly irresistible when you press his chest! Apparently he sounds EXACTLY like a real life Pukeko.

Rumblemum LOVES Pukekos, she saw several on a holiday she went on (without US, I must add) and they were so smart and funny. She didn't bring any of the real ones home with her. Too bad, cause I think they would have been AWESOME pals!

Yeah... you know you want some of these tail feathers.

If you'd like to own your VERY own Pukeko, with authentic Pukeko peeping sounds, go NOW to the auction site and place a bid! 

(hmm... I kinda wanna place a bid on him myself, I love his peeping song so much!)

Aww, you understand me, Pukeko!

(To find out more about Pukeko, you can read up here!)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never even heard of a Pukeko before!

Mariodacat said...

I'm sold and just headed over there. Does he come with you or Hammy? he he

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Thank you, Rumbles for the mention of my Uncle MaxMaxx and your donation :) The doctor is happy with his recovery from his surgery--so we hope real soon!!

Thank YOU (and Hammy and your mum)for your support from The Future!! :)

Noir

The Island Cats said...

We need that Pukeko!

AnnStaub said...

He's pretty cute. I don't think I've ever heard of a Pukeko before!

Busy Buttons said...

That's so cool! And you're such a great man-cat to help out like this!

*hugs*
Buttons

Cathy Keisha said...

I never heard of them but I know I want it. Selfishly I hope the bigging doesn't get too high. MOL!

Sparkle said...

My human keeps coming up empty-handed for stuff to auction! It's not that we don't have anything - we have loads of crap here - it's just that some of it she is not ready to part with! But we do have some exotic bird/ critter stuffies (IOW non-cat stuffies) she might let go of...

Angel Prancer Pie said...

This looks like so much fun! We have to wonder if they are yummy, too. MOL!

Happy Friday! XOXO

Ellen Whyte said...

MOL, Target would be TERRIFIED by this! We'll check out the auction though.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We've never heard of a pukeko! AND it makes peeping sounds? Pawsome!

The paw Relations said...

What a weird looking bird. How generous of you to donate him to help Uncle MaxxMaxx

Marilia said...

Pukeko is awesome... thanks to share with us!
I love this post!

Stealth Fur said...

Wow Rumblebum that is one neat tweet!
We will run over and see what we can do to help our pal Maxx
Purr my good furend!
Timmy

Hannah and Lucy said...

We rather like the pukeko and we think he'd be rather fun to whap.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is sooooo cool and I had not seen one of those before either!

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes for our Dad, he is already doing so much better!

Kitties Blue said...

We saw this cute little guy over at the auction but didn't bid. We like nippy things, and even though this guy peeps, we thought he wouldn't attract our attention. We are sure whoever wins him will fall in love. Tell Rumblemum that if she has any photos of the real ones, we would love to see some. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Misty may, Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Purr Therapy said...

I've not heard of them before, but that is one cool birdie. MOL @ the bum of disrespect.

GLOGIRLY said...

We're just in love with that little guy!!!
And now that we know he peeps...well now we WANT, WANT, WANT!!!
; ) Katie

Gigi said...

Rumbles! My Cod! I never realized how FLOOFY you are! You are the floofiest & I bow down in awe!

We bid in the auction (though not on the pukeko, since we think it would be to cruel to separate Hammy and his Birdie Love.)

Katie Isabella said...

I guess I had better go bid. Mom's son saw them in person and took their pictures there in the snow! That would be fun! xoxox