Thursday, August 13, 2009

d'Artangan Rumblepurr and the Case of the Missing Springs

Mummy was going to take photos of me today, and the post was going to be for 'Favourite things on a Friday' (she plans ahead sometimes my mummy!)

The plan was to get action shots of me with my most favourite toy, my Spotnip Springs. I LOVE my Springs, they were a gift from my sweet Baby Patches and I treasure them when I'm not pouncing on them.

Mummy couldn't believe that such a small thing could bring me (and brother) so much joy, but these springs are like magic. I carry them in my mouth, throw them in the air, hide them... and herein lies the problem.

Mummy went to look for a spring to take pictures with, but they've dropped into a black hole! (Daddy's socks also live in this hole, never to be found...) How can it be?? No RUMBLEsprings to be found. Mummy did find a whole stash of other toys under various cupboards and the sofa - but of course I don't WANT those toys, I want my springs.

Here is a link to my buddy Misha's blog about my springs. It has a video of me in happier days.

I'm off to continue the search for the springs. Does anyone have a phone number for Nancy Drew? I bet she could help.

(PS - speaking of Misha, please help him win NZ Next Top Cat Model! We have faith he'll be a finalist!)

16 comments:

Misha said...

Your faith was well placed! I've made it to the finals! Woohoo!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Of course you did!!! As it should be!!!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Those black holes are pesky things! We hope you manage to spring the springs very soon!

Milo and Alfie said...

We have black holes too ~ they swallow up the garage key, impawtant documents and our favourite toys. They are VERY pesky.

We hope yoo find your springs!

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Ahhh...the black holes are in Texas too...very, very pesky! :)

Noir

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!! They're missing! Better get the Super Sleuths to come out there. We have one of those balck holes things too, our Mommy calles it The Dryer. It eats socks ALL of the time!

Reese =^..^= said...

I hope you find your toy very soon.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh I hope you find your springs soon! We know about missing toys - when we moved the furniture for the floors they found 8 jingle balls underneath! I hope that is where your springs are, and not really in a black hole never to be seen again!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I had never seen the springs untill I got some sent to me.. I also love them..

Hugs GJ xx

SeaThreePeeO said...

We's liking the sounds of these springs!

Thomas, Charlie and Lola xx

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope your springs spring back out of that black hole.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Missing springs? Have you called Detective Harley over at Daisy the Curly Cat's? We bet he could find them for you.

The Kitty Krew said...

Oh Rumble dear, we're so sorry to hear your springs are missing! Our Mommy tells us she thought about getting some of those in her recent order, but she was afraid they'd be too small and go missing easily. She hadn't seen the video before, they're larger than she thought. So we may get some yet. Maybe they'll be yours, come to us in some cosmic black home experiment! :) Seriously, we hope you find yours soon, buddy.

Thanks so much for your purrs and good thoughts for our Bugsy on his surgery today, all went well and he'll be home tomorrow! We appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Big purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew and The Mommy

The Kitty Krew said...

Er....black HOLE experiment, not black HOME experiment. Sheesh, just can't get good typing help these days...

Quill and Greyson said...

This is a travesty, I loved watching that video, they must be found.

George The Duck and the HotMBC Kittehs said...

I hope you find your springs, Rumble. We hope they're not lost forever with the socks.