Monday, August 24, 2009

Marvelous MARMALADE man-cat Monday - Rumblepurr

Today is a very special day, because I am featuring my very good marmalade twitter-buddy Morris!!

I am very torn in my friendship with Morris... on one hand he is such a great pal. On the other hand, my mummy REALLY wants to cat-nap him and kiss his head. MY MUMMY!! *pounce* *BUNNYKICK* *MAUL MAUL MAUL*

*ahem* sorry, lost track of where I was for a moment there...

Anyway, here is the man-cat message for the week from one of the most manly cats ever!

"Thank you for asking me to write a bit about myself on your blog! I have written a bit about what is keeping me busy just now. I hope your readers like it :)

My main job at the moment is Kitten Trainer. Not for any kittens in my house - I've made it very clear to Mummy and Mr Lovely that I won't stand for that - but for 3 neighbourhood kittens. I feel that, as a gentlemancat of a Certain Age, it's my responsibility to set an example for them, and show them the Way of the Mancat. It's pretty hard work, I can tell you...


We usually start with a bit of fighting, just as a warm up. A favourite method is the "one on either side of the fence slap-fight" where the aim is to thwack your opponent through the gaps in my garden fence. Extra points are awarded if you can jump on top of the fence and continue the slap-fight from there - balance is everything! For advanced training, we take the fence out of the equation and just concentrate on bare-paw fighting - no claws, of course!

Once we've loosened up, I like to concentrate on the Pounce and Chase. I get the kittens to try and sneak up on me while my back's turned and bat my tail, then I chase them over the fence, down the path, through the hedge and back up the garden. Good aerobic exercise, and it works up an appetite! Sam and Dan Kitten from Next-Door also get extra lessons in Pre-Pounce Stealth, because they get distracted so easily. This involves us being at opposite sides of the garden, hunkering down and staying as still as we can before the sudden pounce. I'm sure they'll get better at it in time, but just now the staying still is beyond them!

The final, and in my opinion the most important lesson is on Looking Adorable and Getting Treats. My star pupil here is Sox, a cat after my own heart. The other 2 kittens just aren't interested in the joy of snacks, but Sox has my mummy wrapped right round his paw, and she even gives him my Greenies! I know what you're thinking - Greenies shouldn't be given away like that! - but I'm just so proud of young Sox for mastering the technique so quickly that I don't mind! Plus mummy always makes sure that I get some too :)

Well, I think that's about all I have to tell you! Being a Kitten Trainer is hard work, but very rewarding. I'm pretty sure that soon Sam, Dan and Sox will be shining examples of Mancatness, and maybe some day they'll be Kitten Trainers themselves!

*MarmaladeMorrisHuggles*,

Morris xxx"


Thanks again Morris, you're a good pal (stay AWAY from my mummy and we're all good!! heehee)

17 comments:

flicka47 said...

Looks like Morris has a very important job! If he can get those kittens to be half as good of cats that you & he are,he will have accomplished a lot!

Good choice for your Man-cat Monday!

Reese =^..^= said...

I think that you are a very good kitten trainer.

Karen Jo said...

Morris is a great Mancat and a wonderful kitten trainer. That is a very important job and I can tell that he takes it very seriously.

Morris said...

Thank you Rumbles and Fluffles for letting me write for your blog! And thank to the lovely RumbleMum too for the chicken-stuffed turkey with tuna gravy ;)

Forever Foster said...

What a gorgeous photo of Morris! Slap fighting is a very important skill. He is a very kind mancat to be passing it on.

Milo said...

Morris is gorjuss! And wot great tips on mancat training from him ~ I'm gonna slap Alfie about a bit later (fence or no fence)and when Mom says "Wot do ya think you're doing to your little bruvfur" I shall say Morris told me to! (Tee hee).

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Marmalade is a wonderful jar of handsome man cat! He's got a special job! Slap fighting IS a skill! :)

The Monkeys said...

What a handsome mancat with such an important job!

While Morris is gorgeous, he's no match for you!

George The Duck and the HotMBC Kittehs said...

Sounds like Morris is doing a top job with those kittens. I wonder if I should take on training some ducklings. hmmms

The Island Cats said...

Thanks for introducing us to Morris! He is quite the handsome mancat! Can he come here and train Zoey??

Wally & Ernie

The Kitty Krew said...

Morris sounds like a wonderful Kitten Trainer! He takes his duties seriously and has a good program laid out for them. Well done!

Thanks for introducing him to us! And yes, make sure he doesn't get too cheeky with your mum... ;)

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Anonymous said...

Looks like Morris is one bizy ManCat! Thanx for the intro!!! You are such a nice furriend!

Petie the Cat said...

Yay for Morris for stepping up as a Gentleman Man Cat to teach the youngsters the way of the world. Morris is such a handsome man cat too, I can see why Rumblepurr mama wants to steal him and kiss him.

Romeo said...

don't worry your meomie loves you v. v. much!

Morris seems like a very good kitten trainer!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Morris is very cute! We think he is a real smart ManCat!

perrythebirman said...

o hai morris mai orange floofy belly pal! i so glad 2 see u here on rumblz & inigo's blog an 2 read bout ur advenshures as kitten trainer! sounds liek a busy job mai pal, u must be soooo tired. betr go get u sum *cuddles* an *huggles* frum rumblz mum - hurry quick while nobunny iz luking!!

*nosetaps* 2 da bestest mancat i noes!
perry

Amy & the house of cats said...

Thanks for introducing us to your friend Morris! He sounds like he is very interesting and has a very interesting job teaching those kittens!